Saturday, August 08, 2015

Recent Puchase: Louis Vuitton Wallet ♥


Hello Lovelies ♥

I recently picked up this Louis Vuitton wallet after starting my new job (you can say it was a treat to myself)! I had quite the time trying to find reviews about different compact wallets online. I've always been used to carrying a rather large bag and have recently downsized to this lovely Celine-inspired crossbody from Aritzia's Auxiliary line. Finding a wallet that still provided enough card storage, coin, and bill space (not that I have much to speak of) all the while fitting into my new bag was a challenge.

I pondered about a Comme des Garcons wallet or a Clare Vivier wallet but neither of the two hit me as being "the one". I figured if I was going to spend a good amount of money on a wallet, it had to be love at first sight - not something I had to ponder. My mom and I had a shopping date and stumbled into Holt Renfrew one weekend. When we passed by the Louis Vuitton store she encouraged me to browse their wallets. I was hesitant at first (I was planning to spend a good amount of money, but not Louis Vuitton amount). We were very warmly greeted by a lovely, older Japanese lady who brought out a large handful of wallets. The moment I saw this black zippy coin purse, I knew it was meant to be. She had it available in several colors, but there was something about the black empreinte leather and gold-tone hardware that stole my heart away. The way it felt in my hand when I held it: simple, quality, chic - perfect ♥

It has 7 card slots, 3 on each side and 1 in the middle.
Each card slot can definitely fit more than 1 card if you have more than 7, but I limit myself to 1 per slot. On one side I have all my bank cards and the other I keep rewards/points cards and gift cards. I keep my driver's license in the middle slot for easy access.

The wallet is divided into 2 compartments.
I put all my bills on one side and coins on the other. Unfortunately, there is no coin zip compartment, but I have not had any trouble with coins falling out or moving around within the wallet. This has also simplified my coin collection to quarters and loonies.

It measures 11cm by 8cm and with all my things inside weighs a happy 150 grams, and fits perfectly in my bag with room to spare.

Pros:
-
It's simple and easy to use. There are no hidden slots, so you have what you see - which I love.
- It's beautiful! The logo imprint is deliciously deep, making it look amazingly chic (this particular one was deeper than all other colors of the same style I saw that day).
 - The zipper is very smooth and the quality is impeccable.
- It truly is compact! It holds all my necessities (and more) yet feels like I'm holding nothing.
- It goes with everything!

Cons:
- Price! It is a classic Louis Vuitton piece, but I can't say I didn't slightly cringe when I saw the price tag...but other than that I really can't think of any other cons for myself! However...
I do have friends who dislike folding bills making this wallet not the best for them.
If you enjoy collecting a lot of coins, this wallet may not work for you.

Overall I would rate this wallet a 4/5.
I love it to bits and pieces and see myself using this wallet for years and years to come. The only con, again, is the price. I also have the Louis Vuitton zippy wallet in monogram vernis leather in amarante (a luscious burgundy) - it was my first Louis Vuitton purchase. Too compare it to that, I have to say I love my compact zippy twice as much despite being half the size ♥


 

Which wallet are you using and what makes you love it? ♥

xo
Lori


No comments:

Post a Comment