Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Online shopping.... with a twist



Am I the only person who can browse a website like Garmentory, bookmark a million things and never have the courage to put in an offer? I remember when Lori and I first stumbled across Garmentory, we were absolutely ecstatic about the site and thought it was the best thing ever!

In case you haven't heard of this genius site, Garmentory is "a community to shop and discover new boutiques and labels to love." It has a wonderful collection of stores that carry anything from high-end designers to local emerging artists. If you're looking for one-of-a-kind pieces from boutiques across the US and Canada, this is a great site to browse. (Did I mention free shipping in the US and Canada?)


(Just a few of the boutiques on Garmentory)

When Garmentory first began, it emerged as a site that listed only sale items from boutiques. Why we got hooked? You can make offers on these sale items - in other words, bidding on sale items! It was like an eBay, but for local boutiques! Things have changed a bit since then. They now have a mixture of regular-priced items, sale items, and sale items that you can place a bid on. (And of course now I wish I had offered on those items since that "make an offer" option has been taken away for certain items I had my eye on.)

There are so many different designers and shops to choose from. I was always too scared to bid on pieces I liked. I didn't want to submit a bid too low and get rejected, yet at the same time I didn't want to feel like I could've bid lower should my bid have been accepted (yes I'm cheap and indecisive like that). So at the end of the day, I never bid at all.

Despite my one million bookmarks, I have only purchased one piece of clothing from Garmentory (and of course I thought to myself... maybe I didn't bid low enough).

So what exactly am I trying to say?

Firstly, of course, being CHECK OUT GARMENTORY! Despite its changes and moving away from being a bid-on-sale-items-from-boutiques concept that I really loved, it's still enjoyable and fun to browse with lots of potential goodies to purchase (trust me, you'll be on it for a healthy amount of time and your bookmarks will grow before your eyes). And secondly, we take things for granted and miss it when it is taken away from us. Life is short, BUY THE SHIRT!

xo
Zhuran

No comments:

Post a Comment